- Complete Eye Care
- Coughs Colds & Flu
- General Health
- Pain Relief
- Quit Smoking Aids
If you'd like to be notified about new products or great deals, head to our newsletter page
Allersoothe Promethazine Elixir Antihistamine for Children
Each 5ml contains promethazine hydrochloride BP 5 mg.
Also contains sodium benzoate and propyl gallate.
Allersoothe Promethazine Elixir is a generic of Phenergan Elixir and is a long-acting antihistamine which can be used:
- To relieve symptoms of allergic disorders including hayfever, allergic rhinitis, urticaria (hives) and allergic reactions to insect bites and stings.
- For the prevention and treatment of travel sickness.
- As a sedative.
For allergic conditions:
- Children 2-5 years: either a single dose at night of 5-15ml OR a 5ml dose two to three times per day.
- Children 6-12 years: either a single dose at night of 10-25ml OR a 10ml dose two to three times per day.
For travel sickness:
- Children 2-5 years: a single dose of 5ml.
- Children 6 to 12 years: a single dose of 10ml.
As a sedative:
- Children 2-5 years: a single dose at night of 5-15ml.
- Children 6 to 12 years: a single dose at night of 10-25ml.
For nausea and vomiting:
- Children 2-5 years: a dose of 5ml every 4-6 hours to a maximum daily dose of 15ml.
- Children 6 to 12 years: a dose of 10ml every 4-6 hours to a maximum daily dose of 25ml.
Warnings and Cautions
- This medication may cause drowsiness. If affected, do not drive a vehicle or operate machinery.
- Avoid alcohol.
- This product should not be given to children under 2 years of age.
- After closing, check the child-resistant cap mechanism is engaged. This is confirmed if cap clicks when turned anti-clockwise.
Distributed by AFT Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Auckland, New Zealand.
If you are currently taking other medications, have other medical conditions, you may be pregnant, or you are breastfeeding, please contact us to talk to a pharmacist.
Currently there are no prices listed for this product. The product may be unavailable at this time, or discontinued. Please contact us to request more information.