- Complete Eye Care
- Coughs Colds & Flu
- General Health
- Pain Relief
- Quit Smoking Aids
If you'd like to be notified about new products or great deals, head to our newsletter page
Anapen Junior Adrenaline Injection Syringe Auto-Injector (for Anaphylaxis)
Sodium Metabisulfite (E223): 510 micrograms, Sodium Chloride: 1.8mg, Hydrochloric Acid for pH adjustment and water.
Anapen Junior Adrenaline Injection Syringe Auto-injector is used to treat allergic emergencies (Anaphylaxis) in children. Anaphylactic shock is a potentially life-threatening condition where a severe allergic reaction affects most of the body. This can include the involuntary, or “smooth”, muscle tissue in the lungs and the gastrointestinal system contracting, resulting in dangerous hypotension (low blood pressure) and stomach pains, vasodilation (dilation of blood vessel walls), and tachycardia (increased heart rate). Anapen Junior is a pre-filled auto-injection syringe that can be self-administered in an emergency to provide the adrenaline, also known as epinephrine, the body needs in this situation. The Anapen Auto-injector delivers a single intramuscular dose containing 150 mcg of adrenaline in 0.3ml (1:1000 USP).
Instructions for Use
- Step 1 - Remove the back needle shield. This may require reasonable force to remove. Do this only when you are ready to use your Anapen Junior.
- Step 2 - Remove the grey safety cap from the red firing button.
- Step 3 - Hold needle end firmly against the outer thigh at a 90 degree angle.
- Step 4 - Press the red firing button so it clicks and hold for 10 seconds. This will ensure that the full dose of adrenaline is administered. If necessary, inject through light clothing. Gently massage the injection site for approximately 10 seconds after removal of the Anapen Junior.
- Step 5 - Record the time Anapen Junior was given. Seek further medical attention for yourself immediately. Although the child has received adrenaline from Anapen Junior, the child should seek medical attention. To avoid injury, follow the used Anapen Junior disposal instructions provided.
- Anapen Junior is designed to be used by children who weigh between 15kg and 30kg. Anapen Junior is for emergency use only and contains one dose of adrenaline. Each Anapen Junior must be used only once and should be carefully discarded after use, even though as much as 90% of the liquid remains in the auto-injector. Anapen Junior is designed as emergency supportive therapy only and is not a replacement or substitute for subsequent medical or hospital care.
Warnings and Cautions
- Anapen Junior is intended to be used in emergency situations so any warnings or cautions are considered relative.
- Anapen Junior is for intramuscular use only. Do not inject intravenously as this may result in cerebral haemorrhage caused by the sharp rise in blood pressure
- Anapen Junior should be used with caution if you have high blood pressure (hypertension), thyroid problems, or narrow-angle glaucoma (high blood pressure in the eye)
- Caution is also required when Anapen Junior is used by someone with diabetes, heart disease, brain damage or is under general anaesthetic
- Anapen Junior contains no latex
- Consult with your doctor or pharmacist if you have had an allergic reaction to sodium metabisulfite or any other ingredient of Anapen Junior
- Possible temporary side effects of this medication may include dizziness, weakness, headache, tremor, nausea, restlessness and sleeplessness
- Keep Anapen Junior in a cool, dry place. Do not refrigerate. Store below 25°C/75°F. Protect from direct sunlight. Do not use Anapen Junior if the solution turns brown or turns cloudy.
Anapen Junior Adrenaline Injection Syringe is a pharmacist only medicine. Link Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Auckland, New Zealand.
If you are currently taking other medications, have other medical conditions, you may be pregnant, or you are breastfeeding, please contact us to talk to a pharmacist.
Currently there are no prices listed for this product. The product may be unavailable at this time, or discontinued. Please contact us to request more information.