- Complete Eye Care
- Coughs Colds & Flu
- General Health
- Pain Relief
- Quit Smoking Aids
If you'd like to be notified about new products or great deals, head to our newsletter page
This product has been discontined and is no longer available.
Azatadine Maleate 0.5mg/5ml.
Sucrose, Ethanol, Methyl Hydroxybenzoate, Propyl Hydroxybenzoate.
Zadine Syrup provides relief from the allergic symptoms of hayfever, or allergic rhinitis as it is also called, which include sneezing, a runny nose, watery and itchy eyes. Zadine Syrup will also treat the itching and irritation associated with skin allergies or "hives" and the discomfort caused by insect bites. Zadine Syrup is specially formulated for use by children aged 6 to 12 years of age and is also suitable for adults, and especially the elderly, that prefer the syrup form to tablets. Each 5ml of Zadine Syrup contains 0.5mg of the antihistamine Azatadine Maleate as the active ingredient. Azatadine Maleate blocks the effects of histamine within the body. Zadine Syrup is available in 100ml bottle of blackcurrant flavoured syrup. Zadine does not contain gluten or lactose.
- Children aged between 6 and 12 years take 5ml to 10ml of Zadine Syrup every 12 hours.
- Adults take 10ml of Zadine Syrup every 12 hours. After initial relief is obtained, dosage may be reduced to one 10ml daily.
- Do not take a double dosage of Zadine Syrup if you forget to take your next dose. If you miss a dose but remember well before you are due to take your next dose then take it as normal. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take only your next regularly scheduled dose.
- Zadine Syrup is not recommended for use by children under 6 years of age unless otherwise advised by your doctor or pharmacist.
Warnings and Cautions
- Consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using Zadine if you are pregnant or breast-feeding
- Consult with your doctor or pharmacist before taking Zadine if you have liver or severe kidney problems
- Consult with your doctor or pharmacist before taking Zadine if you are 60 years or older because your may be more sensitive to the effects of this medicine
- Consult with your doctor or pharmacist before taking Zadine if you are taking monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) therapy for depression
- Consult with your doctor before taking Zadine if you have eye pressure in the eye (glaucoma), diabetes, an enlarged prostate, bladder problems or difficulty urinating, high blood pressure, heart or blood vessel disease, or an overactive thyroid gland
- Zadine is unlikely to cause drowsiness. If, however, you find that you become affected do not drive a vehicle or operate machinery
- Avoid alcohol
- Do not use Zadine if you are allergic to Azatadine Maleate or any of the other ingredients of Zadine. Zadine does not contain lactose or gluten but does contain sucrose
- Keep Zadine out of the reach of young children
- In some cases, possible side effects of this medication may include: Headaches, Fatigue, Dry mouth
- Keep Zadine Syrup in a cool, dry place. Store below 30°C/85°F. Protect from direct sunlight.
Zadine syrup is manufactured by Schering-Plough Pty Ltd, Auckland, New Zealand.
If you are currently taking other medications, have other medical conditions, you may be pregnant, or you are breastfeeding, please contact us to talk to a pharmacist.
Currently there are no prices listed for this product. The product may be unavailable at this time, or discontinued. Please contact us to request more information.