- Complete Eye Care
- Coughs Colds & Flu
- General Health
- Pain Relief
- Quit Smoking Aids
If you'd like to be notified about new products or great deals, head to our newsletter page
Glucose 90 mmol/L, Sodium 60 mmol/L, Potassium 20 mmol/L, Chloride 60 mmol/L, Citrate 10 mmol/L. Total Osmolarity 240 mOsms/L.
Gastrolyte is used to treat and prevent dehydration due to diarrhoea and traveller's gastroenteritis in infants, children and adults. It can also be used to treat and prevent dehydration due to vigorous and prolonged exercise.
Dehydration occurs when the amount of water leaving the body is greater than the amount being taken in. Diarrhoea, which can be related to traveller's gastroenteritis, as well as vigorous and prolonged exercise, are common causes of dehydration. A dry mouth and lips, a decrease in urinary output, lightheadedness and an increase in heart rate may be signs of dehydration.
Gastrolyte is a balanced mix of glucose and minerals designed to promote absorption of water, replacing lost fluid quickly and speeding recovery. Available in natural, orange or fruit flavour. Contains 10 sachets.
Directions For Use
- Empty contents of one Gastrolyte sachet into 200ml of fresh, cold drinking water. For infants, or where fresh drinking water is not available, use freshly boiled and cooled water.
- Stir well before drinking.
- Gastrolyte should be drunk freshly and frequently while diarrhoea or dehydration lasts.
- See included weight chart for recommended dosage of Gastrolyte.
Warnings and Cautions
See medical advice if the condition worsens or diarrhoea persists for:
- More than 6 hours if the patient is under 6 months.
- More than 12 hours if the patient is under 3 years.
- More than 24 hours if the patient is 3-6 years.
- More than 48 hours if the patient is over 6 years.
- Use water only to mix Gastrolyte. Never dilute with lemonade, soft drinks, cordials or any other fluid than water.
- Do not boil Gastrolyte.
- Store below 25 degrees Celsius in a dry place.
- Phenylketonurics - contains phenylalanine (aspartame).
Sanofi-aventis New Zealand Limited, Auckland, New Zealand.
If you are currently taking other medications, have other medical conditions, you may be pregnant, or you are breastfeeding, please contact us to talk to a pharmacist.
Gastrolyte Orange Flavour (10 sachets)