- Complete Eye Care
- Coughs Colds & Flu
- General Health
- Pain Relief
- Quit Smoking Aids
If you'd like to be notified about new products or great deals, head to our newsletter page
Promethazine Winthrop Elixir Antihistamine for Children
Each 5ml contains promethazine hydrochloride BP 5 mg.
Sodium benzoate, sodium sulfate and sodium metabisulfite. Also contains sorbitol and maltitol, 1.33g and 14.12g respectively, per maximum recommended dose.
Promethazine Winthrop Elixir is a generic of Phenergan Elixir and is a long-acting antihistamine which can be used to relieve symptoms of allergic disorders including hayfever, allergic rhinitis, urticaria (hives), and allergic reactions to insect bites. Promethazine Winthrop Elixir can also be used for the prevention and treatment of travel sickness. Promethazine Winthrop Elixir is sugar free and alcohol free and is suitable for children over 2 years of age. Available in a 100ml bottle.
For allergic disorders:
- Children 2-5 years: either a single dose at night of 5-15ml OR a 5ml dose two to three times per day.
- Children 6-12 years: either a single dose at night of 10-25ml OR a 10ml dose two to three times per day.
For travel sickness:
- Children 2-5 years: a single dose of 5ml.
- Children 6 to 12 years: a single dose of 10ml.
Warnings and Cautions
- This medication may cause drowsiness. If affected, do not drive a vehicle or operate machinery.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Products containing sorbitol or maltitol may have a laxative effect or cause diarrhoea.
- After closing, check the child-resistant cap mechanism is engaged. This is confirmed if cap clicks when turned anti-clockwise.
This product has been replaced with Allersoothe Promethazine Elixir - please follow this link to buy: http://www.onlinepharmacynz.com/product/968/Allersoothe_Promethazine_Elixir_Antihistamine_for_Children.html
Promethazine Winthrop Elixir is a pharmacist only medicine. Distributed by Sanofi-Aventis New Zealand Ltd
If you are currently taking other medications, have other medical conditions, you may be pregnant, or you are breastfeeding, please contact us to talk to a pharmacist.
Currently there are no prices listed for this product. The product may be unavailable at this time, or discontinued. Please contact us to request more information.