- Complete Eye Care
- Coughs Colds & Flu
- General Health
- Pain Relief
- Quit Smoking Aids
If you'd like to be notified about new products or great deals, head to our newsletter page
Zadine 12 Hour Relief
Unfortunately Zadine is no longer available.
Azatadine Maleate 1mg.
Zadine 12 Hour Relief Tablets provide relief from the allergic symptoms of hayfever, or allergic rhinitis as it is also called, which include sneezing, a runny nose, watery and itchy eyes. Zadine will also treat the itching and irritation associated with skin allergies or "hives" and the discomfort caused by insect bites. Each tablet of Zadine contains 1mg of the antihistamine Azatadine maleate as the active ingredient. Azatadine Maleate blocks the effects of histamine within the body and is specially formulated to not cause drowsiness. Zadine tablets are available in packets of 20 and 50 tablets. Zadine does not contain Gluten, Sucrose, or any artificial colouring.
- Adults - Take one Zadine tablet every 12 hours. After initial relief is obtained, dosage may be reduced to one tablet daily as required.
- Children aged between 6 and 12 years - Take half a Zadine tablet every 12 hours.
- It is recommended that children aged 6 to 12 years of age use Zadine Syrup instead.
- Zadine should not be used by children under 6 years of age unless otherwise advised by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not take a double dosage of Zadine tablets if you forget to take your next dose. If you miss a dose but remember well before you are due to take your next dose then take it as normal. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take only your next regularly scheduled dose.
Warnings and Cautions
- Consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using Zadine if you are pregnant or breast-feeding
- Consult with your doctor or pharmacist before taking Zadine if you have liver or severe kidney problems
- Consult with your doctor or pharmacist before taking Zadine if you are 60 years or older because your may be more sensitive to the effects of this medicine
- Consult with your doctor or pharmacist before taking Zadine if you are taking monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) therapy for depression
- Consult with your doctor before taking Zadine if you have eye pressure in the eye (glaucoma), diabetes, an enlarged prostate, bladder problems or difficulty urinating, high blood pressure, heart or blood vessel disease, or an overactive thyroid gland
- Zadine will rarely cause drowsiness. If, however, you find that you become affected do not drive a vehicle or operate machinery
- Avoid alcohol
- Do not use Zadine if you are allergic to Azatadine Maleate or any of the other ingredients of Zadine. Zadine does not contain sucrose, gluten, or artificial colouring but does contain lactose
- Keep Zadine out of the reach of young children
- In some cases, possible side effects of this medication may include: Headaches, Fatigue, Dry mouth
- Keep Zadine tablets in a cool, dry place. Store below 30°C/85°F. Protect from direct sunlight.
Zadine tablets are manufactured by Schering-Plough Pty Ltd, Auckland, New Zealand.
If you are currently taking other medications, have other medical conditions, you may be pregnant, or you are breastfeeding, please contact us to talk to a pharmacist.
Currently there are no prices listed for this product. The product may be unavailable at this time, or discontinued. Please contact us to request more information.