- Complete Eye Care
- Coughs Colds & Flu
- General Health
- Pain Relief
- Quit Smoking Aids
If you'd like to be notified about new products or great deals, head to our newsletter page
Losec (Omeprazole) - Heartburn & Acid Reflux Relief
Omeprazole 10mg or 20mg
Microcrystalline cellulose, glyceryl monostearate, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, magnesium stearate, methacrylic acid co-polymer, sugar spheres, paraffin, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate, polyvinylpyrrolidone crosslinked, sodium stearyl fumerate, talc, triethyl citrate, iron oxide and titanium dioxide.
Losec tablets do not contain gluten or lactose.
Losec is used for the relief of reflux-like symptoms - heartburn or regurgitation. Heartburn is an acidic or burning feeling, rising up from the stomach towards the throat. The pain of heartburn, which is usually caused or made worse by eating large meals, bending over or lying flat, and by hot, alcoholic or acidic drinks such as orange juice.
Losec works by decreasing the amount of acid made by the stomach, giving relief from acid reflux symptoms. If you suffer from acid reflux more than once a week, Losec may be right for you. However, if you have reflux every day you should see your doctor.
Losec is available in packs of 7, 14 or 28 tablets.
- Initially take 20mg once daily. When your symptoms improve, reduce the dose to 10mg a day.
- Swallow Losec tablets whole with half a glass of water. Do not crush or chew the tablets.
- Take Losec about the same time each day, preferably in the morning. Losec should be taken prior to a meal.
Warnings and cautions
- Do not take Losec if you have an allergy to any medicine containing omeprazole or any of the other ingredients.
- Some medcines may interfere with each other. Check with your pharmacist or doctor if you are taking other medicines.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose.
- Prolonged use of Losec is not recommended, except on medical advice.
Bayer New Zealand Limited
If you are currently taking other medications, have other medical conditions, you may be pregnant, or you are breastfeeding, please contact us to talk to a pharmacist.
Losec 10mg (7 tablets) x 1
Losec 10mg (14 tablets) x 1
Losec Extra 20mg (14 tablets) x 1
Losec Extra 20mg (28 tablets) x 1