- Complete Eye Care
- Coughs Colds & Flu
- General Health
- Pain Relief
- Quit Smoking Aids
If you'd like to be notified about new products or great deals, head to our newsletter page
Merino Lanolin Skin Creme
Contains non-greasy fractions of natural Lanolin, blended with oils, waxes and glycerin.
The Merino range of skin care products has been proudly manufactured in New Zealand for over 20 years. Merino products contain nourishing Lanolin, the natural oil in sheep’s wool. The Lanolin is the sheep’s natural nourisher and protector against the extremes of its environment.
To understand the benefits of the Merino range of skin care products, an understanding of Lanolin's unique qualities is helpful. Lanolin is the precious oily secretion from the skin of the sheep that becomes trapped in the sheep’s wool. When the sheep is shorn each year (the sheep’s wool is cut) the wool is washed, processed & the Lanolin Oil extracted & refined. These oils of Lanolin are extremely similar to the natural oils that we secrete from within our own skin. Thus Lanolin is the only animal (human compatible) oil obtainable without having to kill or harm the animal.
While most moisturising creams and lotions use either vegetable or mineral oils as their base oils, they do not have Lanolin’s compatibility to the oils of our skin. Merino use some mineral and vegetable oils as supplements, however, in our opinion, Lanolin forms the greatest replacement of our endlessly leached skin oils due to our environmental harshness (such as pollution) and modern way of life (air-conditioning, etc).
Merino Lanolin Skin Creme has excellent barrier properties. It prevents skin being leached of its natural moisture and oils. It is especially recommended for use on hands before undertaking manual tasks such as gardening, fishing, labouring or farming. Merino Lanolin Skin Creme can be applied to other areas of dry skin such as the face and neck and for more mature skin as a night creme.
Other benefits and uses for Merino Lanolin Skin Creme:
- Apply after a bath or shower to help retain moisture. It will last until your next bath or shower. The more often you use the less you will need.
- Suitable for many skin problems such as eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis.
- It is terrific for post surgery. Lanolin softens and helps the skin to "stretch." Many people have used it right on their scars after surgery giving relief from itching.
- Pregnant women can use it on the belly to prevent stretch marks. It is also great to use on nipples while breast feeding when cracks occur.
- It is suitable to use for diabetics. Insulin usage will often cause dry skin. Use on the feet to retain moisture and massage well to prevent callouses and deep cracks forming. It can also be used on the finger tips to help keep them soft.
Directions for use
Apply daily to soften hands, cracked heels and elbows or anywhere where the skin is dry or dehydrated. Also helps to repair damaged and dry skin irritation.
Merino Lanolin Skin Creme is available in a 50g/100g tube and 100g/200g/500g pot.
Merino Skincare, Christchurch, New Zealand.
If you are currently taking other medications, have other medical conditions, you may be pregnant, or you are breastfeeding, please contact us to talk to a pharmacist.
Merino Lanolin Skin Creme 50g TUBE x 1
Merino Lanolin Skin Creme 100g TUBE x 1
Merino Lanolin Skin Creme 240g PUMP x 1
Merino Lanolin Skin Creme 100g POT x 1
Merino Lanolin Skin Creme 100g POT x 6pk (no box)
Merino Lanolin Skin Creme 200g POT x 1
Merino Lanolin Skin Creme 500g POT x 1