- Complete Eye Care
- Coughs Colds & Flu
- General Health
- Pain Relief
- Quit Smoking Aids
If you'd like to be notified about new products or great deals, head to our newsletter page
Compeed Cold Sore Patch
Compeed Cold Sore Patch is a new invisible patch method to treat cold sores discreetly. Clinically proven to address the complete cold sore outbreak, from tingling to healing. The Compeed Cold Sore Patch provides healing benefits at each stage of the cold sore outbreak:
- Stage 1 - The tingle stage
This initial stage is characterized by a burning or tingling around the lips or nose.By covering the sore, the Compeed Cold Sore Patch provides immediate soothing relief from itching and burning sensations during the outbreak. It does this by reducing the external stimulation of nerve endings by air and mouth movements.
- Stage 2 - The blister stage
Within a day or two, there is the first visible sign of clusters of small blisters.These blisters are covered discreetly by the Compeed Cold Sore Patch, giving users increased confidence in their appearance. In fact, the patch is so discreet that make up can easily be applied over it.
- Stage 3 - The weeping/ulcer stage
This stage is characterized by the blisters rupturing and leaving shallow reddish ulceration. This is the most painful and contagious stage.The Compeed Cold Sore Patch continues to provide soothing relief during this painful stage and is also able to prevent the spread of the virus by hygienically sealing the wound. This prevents sufferers from touching the sore and helps prevent the risk of cross contamination. The patch prevents water, bacteria and impurities from entering the sore.
- Stage 4 - The scab/crusting stage
A dry scab with a brown crust forms. If it cracks, the sufferer will experience itching, burning and bleeding.The Compeed Cold Sore Patch absorbs some of the fluids created by the cold sore while the rest is breathed out through the patch. This creates optimal moist wound healing conditions in which no scab is formed, because the cold sore is never allowed to dry out.
- Stage 5 - Healing stage
If a scab has formed, it will flake off during the healing stage.
Each box of Compeed Cold Sore Patch contains 15 patches. This is sufficient for the treatment of one cold sore outbreak. Also in the box, which is small, discreet and easy to carry in your purse or pocket, you'll find a small mirror to help apply the patch and instructions for use.
- The Compeed Cold Sore Patch can be applied at the first sign of an outbreak - usually a tingling sensation around the mouth - right until the end of the outbreak when then skin is completely healed.
- Wash your hands before application. The patch should be applied to clean, dry skin. Do not use in combination with any cream, as the patch may not stick to the skin.
- Remove the applicator from the wrapper and hold the ends of the applicator using both hands.
- Gently pull each end of the applicator, following the arrows on the applicator, until the sticky, adhesive side is half-exposed.
- Use the mirror to place the patch correctly. Gently press the half-exposed part of the patch to firmly place the patch over the cold sore.
- Slowly pull the end of the applicator down and away from the skin, in asmooth rolling motion until the patch slips from the applicator.
- To finish off, gently press the patch to ensure a good seal.
- Wash your hands.
- Once the patch is firmly in place, you can apply make-up or lipstick over and around the patch.
- If the patch stays on, there is no need to remove it and change it. Onaverage, the patch will stay on for approximately 8 hours. Howeverindividual experiences may vary. When it starts to detach from theskin, it should be removed and replaced with a new patch. To remove iteasily, gently pull the patch in parallel with your skin.
Warnings and Cautions
All raw materials in the Compeed Cold Sore Patch have been tested and found to have low-allergenic potential - meaning that they are not likely to cause allergy. Most people will therefore be able to use Compeed Cold Sore Patch without any problem. If redness and itchiness should occur, the user should terminate the treatment.
Johnson & Johnson
If you are currently taking other medications, have other medical conditions, you may be pregnant, or you are breastfeeding, please contact us to talk to a pharmacist.
Compeed Cold Sore Patch (15 patches) x 1