- Complete Eye Care
- Coughs Colds & Flu
- General Health
- Pain Relief
- Quit Smoking Aids
If you'd like to be notified about new products or great deals, head to our newsletter page
Avene Cold Cream Skin Care Range
Avene Body Lotion with Cold Cream: Avene Thermal Spring Water 59%, Avene Cold Cream 5%, Sesame Oil 2.5%, Safflower Oil 9% and Coco Oil 5%.
Avene Hand Cream with Cold Cream: Avene Thermal Spring Water 63%, Avene Cold Cream, Sucralfate and Glycerine.
Avene Lip Balm with Cold Cream: Avene Thermal Spring Water, Avene Cold Cream 27%, Sucralfate, Vitamin E, Vitamin F, Mineral Sunscreen SPF3 and Filmogenic Agent.
Avene is a range of skincare specifically designed for sensitive, intolerant and allergy prone skin. It has its basis in dermatology treatments and is the No. 1 Dermo-cosmetic in France and No. 2 in Europe.
The entire range is based on Thermal Spring Water. The spring water takes a 40 year slow journey underground through the Cevennes Mountains in the South of France and is enriched with precious minerals and trace elements before it finishes its journey in the town of Avene. Of constant composition, Avene Thermal Spring Water has a low mineral content and therefore respects the natural balance and the sensitivity of the skin without causing dehydration or irritation like other high mineral content thermal waters. It is bacteriologically pure, with a neutral pH and rich in silica which soothes sensitive skin.
The Avene Cold Cream Skin Care Range is for very dry/atopic sensitive skin which can characterised by the following symptoms:
- Eczema (Atopic dermatitis) is chronic, itchy inflammation of the upper layers of the skin that often develops in people who have hay fever or asthma and in people who have family members with these conditions.
- Contact dermatitis is skin inflammation caused by direct contact with a particular substance. The rash is very itchy, is confined to a specific area, and often has clearly defined boundaries.
- Psoriasis - reddish, scaly rash often located over the surfaces of the elbows, knees, scalp, and around or in the ears, navel, genitals or buttocks.
- One of the reasons skin can become very dry, is due to the lack of essential fatty acids and ceramides, which are important components of the skin.
- Atopic skin is characterised as a hereditary tendency to experience various forms of allergy, to external or internal factors.
- Both types of skin are extremely sensitive to an array of elements, hence exceptional precautions must be taken to treat and manage very dry/atopic sensitive skin.
Avene Cold Cream is a complete and effective skin care range, protecting dry, sensitive skin.
Products in the Avene Cold Cream Skin Care Range
Avene Body Lotion with Cold Cream: Some types of sensitive skin are naturally very dry. Others become dry in the wind and cold. Avene Body Lotion with Cold Cream incorporates the protective and nourishing benefits of traditional cold cream in a fluid formula. It leaves the skin feeling instantly hydrated, with restored comfort and suppleness. This non-greasy body lotion is intended for daily use after a bath or shower.
Avene Hand Cream with Cold Cream: This specific formula with cold cream and Avene Thermal Spring Water instantly soothes your hands and offers all the protection they need. In addition, its original formula provides quick relief for chapped, cracked skin. With its non-greasy texture, this cream is a pleasure to apply and leaves hands beautifully soft.
Avene Lip Balm with Cold Cream: With its highly advanced formula, Avene Lip Balm with Cold Cream provides your lips with a long-lasting calm, softness and protection by covering them with a lipid film. It moisturises, nourishes and helps repair dry chapped lips thanks to an ingredient known for its healing properties.
Directions for use
Avene Body Lotion with Cold Cream:
- Gently massage lotion all over the body, concentrating on the dry/very dry areas.
- Use daily after cleansing.
Avene Hand Cream with Cold Cream:
- Apply a small amount to dry irritated hands that are sensitive to other products. Ideal for hairdressers, farmers, builders and nurses.
Avene Lip Balm with Cold Cream:
- Apply to dry, chapped lips, dribble rash, or sores around the nasal cavity (use a cotton tip for application). Ideal for children when teething, or for people on drying medication such as Isotretinoin.
Distributed by Douglas Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Auckland, New Zealand.
If you are currently taking other medications, have other medical conditions, you may be pregnant, or you are breastfeeding, please contact us to talk to a pharmacist.
Avene Hand Cream with Cold Cream 50ml x 1
Avene Lip Balm with Cold Cream 4g x 1