- Complete Eye Care
- Coughs Colds & Flu
- General Health
- Pain Relief
- Quit Smoking Aids
If you'd like to be notified about new products or great deals, head to our newsletter page
Flixonase (Flonase) Fluticasone Nasal Spray
Fluticasone Propionate 50mcg/spray.
Flixonase, known as Flonase in the United States, makes breathing easier by treating inflamed tissue and relieving swelling in the nose. Flixonase is used for the short-term treatment of seasonal allergies, including seasonal allergic rhinitis or hayfever as it is more commonly known. Flixonase is a convenient and effective daily hayfever treatment. It provides relief from symptoms such as sneezing, nasal congestion, irritated eyes, running and itchy nose. Flixonase contains 50 micrograms of the steroid Fluticasone Propionate per spray. Flixonase works best when used on a daily basis, even if your hayfever symptoms are reduced. It may take about 4 days until you experience the full benefits of this medication. Flixonase is available in a bottle that contains 120 metered sprays.
Instructions for Use
Carefully read the enclosed leaflet before using. Gently shake the bottle before each use. Remove the large green dust cap from the applicator nozzle. Hold the nasal spray straight upright. The first time the nasal spray is used it will need to be 'primed'. Hold the bottle with your forefinger and the middle finger on the collar either side of the nozzle, with your thumb underneath the bottle. To prime the pump for use, point the nozzle away from you and, keeping your thumb still, firmly press down on the white collar. Keep pumping several times until a fine mist-like spray is released through the applicator nozzle. The nasal spray is now primed and ready for use. It will not be necessary to reprime the nasal spray unless it is disassembled or used infrequently.
Once the nasal spray is ready for use, gently blow you nose to help clear the nostrils. Tilt your head slightly forward, close one nostril and carefully insert the nasal applicator into the other nostril. Breathe slowly inwards through the nostril. Hold the bottle upright and press down firmly on the white collar once to deliver the required dosage of spray while you are still breathing in. You now breathe out through you mouth. Now repeat the procedure for the other nostril. After use, wipe the nozzle with a clean tissue and replace the dust cap once you are finished. Store Flixonase below 25 degrees Celsius but do not refrigerate. Protect from direct sunlight and store in an upright position. Discard 3 months after first use.
- Adults and children over 12 years of age pump two sprays into each nostril once a day, preferably in the morning. It may take a few days of regular use before you experience the maximum benefit of Flixonase.
- If you miss a dose do not take a double dose at one time. If you are close to taking your dose then forget the one that you missed and keep to your schedule. Otherwise, just use the product when you remember. Do not exceed the maximum dosage of 2 sprays per nostril per day.
- Flixonase should not be used by children under 12 years of age unless advised by your doctor or pharmacist.
Warnings and Cautions
- Only use Flixonase in the nose. Avoid the eyes
- If symptoms persist, consult you doctor. Do not use Flixonase for more than 6 months without medical supervision.
- Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you have an infection in the nasal passages or sinuses
- Consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using Flixonase if you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant or are breast-feeding
- Consult your doctor if you have recently had an injury to, or surgery on, your nose, or problems with ulceration the nose
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have been treated with steroid injections or tablets, use steroid asthma or nasal inhalers, or eye/nose drops
- Consult your doctor if you experience eye problems that are not part of your normal hayfever symptoms such as acute eye pain or visual disturbance
- Consult your doctor if you develop signs or symptoms of infection such as fever, nasal or facial pain or swelling, discoloured or purulent (pus containing) nasal discharge or nasal bleeding
- Do not use Flixonase if you are allergic to Fluticasone Propionate or any other component of Flixonase
- Flixonase will not cause drowsiness and does not affect your ability to drive or use machinery. Flixonase will not interact with alcohol and is not addictive
- Keep out of the reach of children
- In some cases, possible side effects of this medication may include: Occasionally sneezing may follow the use of Flixonase but this is usually only temporary, Nasal bleeding, Very occasionally you may notice an unpleasant taste or smell, Temporary minor irritations such as an itching of the nose, throat and ears, sore throat and dry mouth
Flixonase and Flixonase 24-Hour are trademarks of the Glaxo Wellcome Group of Companies and is marketed by Glaxco Wellcome New Zealand Ltd., Auckland, New Zealand
Flixonase (Flonase) Nasal Spray - 120 doses x 1
Flixonase (Flonase) Nasal Spray - 120 doses x 3