- Complete Eye Care
- Coughs Colds & Flu
- General Health
- Pain Relief
- Quit Smoking Aids
If you'd like to be notified about new products or great deals, head to our newsletter page
Optrex Hayfever Allergy Eye Drops
Unfortunately this product is no longer available.
Sodium Cromoglycate BP 2.0% w/v.
Optrex Hayfever Allergy Eye Drops have been specifically developed for the prevention, treatment, and relief of the symptoms of hayfever and other seasonal eye allergies, including watery, runny, itchy or inflamed eyes. When an allergen comes into contact with the mast cells in the conjunctiva, which is the moist, red area surrounding the eye socket, then it provokes red, sore and watery eyes.
The active ingredient in Optrex Hayfever Allergy Eye Drops is 0.5mg/ml of Sodium Cromoglycate BP 2.0% w/v, which works as a 'mast cell stabiliser' reducing the amount of histamine released from the mast cells. Optrex Hayfever Allergy Eye Drops are available in a 10ml bottle with an attached dropper.
- Adults and Children over 5 years of age place 1 drop in the affected eyes up to four times daily, as required, or as directed by your doctor or pharmacist. Blinking will assist even dispersal of the drops
- Do not take a double dosage of Optrex Hayfever Allergy Eye Drops if you forget to take your next dose. If you miss a dose but remember well before you are due to take your next dose then take it as normal. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take only your next regularly scheduled dose.
- For use in the eyes only. Do not touch the dropper tip to your eye or any other surface. Replace the cap after each use.
- Remove any soft contact lenses before using Optrex Hayfever Allergy Eye Drops. Soft contact lenses (hydrophilic) can be reinserted 20 minutes after using Optrex Hayfever Allergy Eye Drops.
- Optrex Hayfever Allergy Eye Drops are not to be used by children under 5 years of age, unless otherwise directed by your doctor.
Warnings and Cautions
- Prolonged use of Optrex Hayfever Allergy Eye Drops may be harmful. Consult your doctor if you need to use Optrex Hayfever Allergy Eye Drops for three consecutive months
- Do not use Optrex Hayfever Allergy Eye Drops if you suffer from glaucoma or serious eye conditions
- Do not use Optrex Hayfever Allergy Eye Drops if you are pregnant
- Consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using Optrex Hayfever Allergy Eye Drops in conjunction with other eye drops. Avoid using other eye drops/ointments/creams for 2 hours after using Optrex Hayfever Allergy Eye Drops
- Caution should be taken when driving or performing hazardous tasks if Optrex Hayfever Allergy Eye Drops causes changes to your vision. Do not undertake these tasks immediately after apply the drops, wait for any momentary blurring to clear
- Do not use Optrex Hayfever Allergy Eye Drops if you are allergic to Sodium Cromoglycate BP 2.0% w/v or have hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients of Optrex Hayfever Allergy Eye Drops, which includes Benzalkonium Chloride as a preservative
- Keep Optrex Hayfever Allergy Eye Drops out of the reach of children
- In some cases, possible side effects of this medication may include: Slight irritation of the eyes, Reddening of the eyes if overused
- Keep Optrex Hayfever Allergy Eye Drops in a cool, dry place. Store below 25 degrees Celsius. Protect from direct sunlight.
- Shake well before use. Record the day bottle was opened and discard four weeks after it was opened or if solution becomes cloudy or changes colour.
Optrex Hayfever Allergy Eye Drops are marketed by The Boots Company (New Zealand) Limited, Wellington, New Zealand.
If you are currently taking other medications, have other medical conditions, you may be pregnant, or you are breastfeeding, please contact us to talk to a pharmacist.
Currently there are no prices listed for this product. The product may be unavailable at this time, or discontinued. Please contact us to request more information.