- Complete Eye Care
- Coughs Colds & Flu
- General Health
- Pain Relief
- Quit Smoking Aids
If you'd like to be notified about new products or great deals, head to our newsletter page
Headway 5 / Minoxidil 5%
HEADWAY HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED. IT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.
Headway, minoxidil 5%, prevent hair loss and pattern baldness now. Headway is a topical solution that is proven to re-grow hair, thicken existing hair, and reduce hair loss. Headway contains minoxidil that has been proven to be the most effective treatment for male or female pattern baldness (alopecia androgenetica) or hair loss to date.
Minoxidil was originally used as a treatment for high blood pressure. Researchers noticed however that their patients taking minoxidil experienced dramatic hair re-growth. The discovery led to the marketing of minoxidil as a topical solution specifically for the promotion of hair growth, halting or reversing hereditary hair loss in both men and women. Headway has been shown to be effective in promoting hair re-growth and in stabilising hair loss.
Hair re-growth may be observed as early as 6 – 8 weeks for some people when using Headway however 4 or more months of continuous use may be necessary before hair growth is observed. The amount of hair re-growth will vary from person to person and depend on the degree of baldness prior to starting treatment. Headway comes with a choice of 2 easy to use applicators either the pump spray or the extended spray tip applicator. One bottle of Headway contains enough minoxidil for approximately for one month’s treatment.
Apply 1ml (4 sprays) twice per day at 12 hour intervals
Warnings and Cautions
- Do NOT use Headway if you are pregnant or nursing.
- Headway is for external use only and is not to be taken orally.
- Keep away from eyes, nose and mouth.
- Do NOT use Headway if you have an allergy to Minoxidil.
- Discontinue use of Headway and seek medical advice if you suffer any of the following side effects:
- Severe itching, burning, soreness or a rash at the roots of the hair
- Swelling or puffiness of the face, feet or lower legs
- Fast or irregular heart beat
- Rapid weight gain
- Chest pains
- Numbness or tingling of the hands, feet or face
- Dizziness, fainting, light-headedness or headaches
- Blurred vision
Headway is marketed by Pacific Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Auckland, New Zealand.
If you are currently taking other medications, have other medical conditions, you may be pregnant, or you are breastfeeding, please contact us to talk to a pharmacist.
Currently there are no prices listed for this product. The product may be unavailable at this time, or discontinued. Please contact us to request more information.