- Complete Eye Care
- Coughs Colds & Flu
- General Health
- Pain Relief
- Quit Smoking Aids
If you'd like to be notified about new products or great deals, head to our newsletter page
Polaramine 6mg 12 Hour Relief
Unfortunately this product has been discontinued and is no longer available.
Dexchlorpheniramine Maleate 6mg.
Lactose and Sucrose.
Polaramine 6mg 12 Hour Relief Repetabs are now colour free repetabs. They provide relief from the allergic symptoms of hayfever, or allergic rhinitis as it is also called, which include sneezing, a runny nose, watery and itchy eyes. Polaramine will also treat the itching and irritation associated with skin allergies or "hives" and the discomfort caused by insect bites. Each repetab of Polaramine contains 6mg of the antihistamine Dexchlorpheniramine Maleate as the active ingredient. Dexchlorpheniramine Maleate blocks the effects of histamine within the body. Polaramine 6mg is available in packets of 50 repetabs, which are repeat action slow release tablets. Polaramine does not contain Gluten.
- Adults and children 12 years and older - Take initially take one Polaramine 6mg repetab at bedtime and then take one at 12 hourly intervals. After an initial improvement in symptoms, the dosage may be reduced to one repetab as required.
- Polaramine 6m repetabs are not be used by children under 12 years of age unless advised otherwise by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not chew, crush or break the repetabs because they are specially formulated to release slowly into the body. They should be taken with water and swallowed whole.
- Do not take a double dosage of Polaramine repetabs if you forget to take your next dose. If you miss a dose but remember well before you are due to take your next dose then take it as normal. If not, then skip that dose and take your next dose when it is due.
Warnings and Cautions
- Consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using Polaramine if you are pregnant or breast-feeding
- Consult with your doctor or pharmacist before taking Polaramine if you have liver or severe kidney problems
- Consult with your doctor or pharmacist before taking Polaramine if you are 60 years or older because your may be more sensitive to the effects of this medicine
- Consult with your doctor or pharmacist before taking Polaramine if you are taking monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) therapy for depression
- Consult with your doctor before taking Polaramine if you have eye pressure in the eye (glaucoma), diabetes, an enlarged prostate, bladder problems or difficulty urinating, high blood pressure, heart or blood vessel disease, or an overactive thyroid gland
- Polaramine is unlikely to cause drowsiness. If, however, you find that you become affected do not drive a vehicle or operate machinery
- Avoid alcohol
- Do not use Polaramine if you are allergic to Dexchlorpheniramine Maleate or any of the other ingredients of Polaramine. Polaramine does not contain gluten but does contain lactose and sucrose
- Keep Polaramine out of the reach of children
- In some cases, possible side effects of this medication may include: Headaches, Fatigue, Dry mouth
- Keep Polaramine repetabs in a cool, dry place. Store below 30°C/85°F. Protect from direct sunlight.
Please note that this product is restricted to three months supply for one person (two packets per customer). Orders for more than this will not be filled.
Polaramine 6mg repetabs are manufactured by Schering-Plough Pty Ltd, Auckland, New Zealand.
If you are currently taking other medications, have other medical conditions, you may be pregnant, or you are breastfeeding, please contact us to talk to a pharmacist.
Currently there are no prices listed for this product. The product may be unavailable at this time, or discontinued. Please contact us to request more information.