- Complete Eye Care
- Coughs Colds & Flu
- General Health
- Pain Relief
- Quit Smoking Aids
If you'd like to be notified about new products or great deals, head to our newsletter page
Canesten Fungal Nail Treatment Set
Canesten Fungal Nail Treatment Set is used for the treatment of fungal nail infections (onychomyosis) of the fingernail(s) and toenail(s) affecting three nails or less and affecting the upper half or sides of the nail.
A fungal nail infection is likely to result in discoloured (white, yellow or brown), thick/rough or brittle nail, although appearance can vary considerably.
This set contains:
- 1 x 10g tube of Urea Ointment (400mg/g)
- 1 x Plastic Nail Scraper
- 2 x packs of 11 Waterproof Plasters
- 1 x 20g tube of Bifonazole Cream (10mg/g)
Directions For Use
Canesten Fungal Nail Treatment Set consists of a two-phase treatment (6-7 weeks):
Phase 1 (Weeks 1-3): The infected nail parts are softened by soaking in warm water and applying Canesten Urea Ointment and then removed with the help of a plastic nail scraper. The Urea Ointment softens only the infected part of the nail and only this part of the nail will be removed during phase 1.
Phase 2 (Weeks 4-7): The fungal infection is treated by rubbing Canesten Bifonazole Cream on the nail bed.
Warnings & Cautions
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Use on the fingernails and toenails only.
- Always read the label and take only as directed.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, consult your doctor before use.
- Seek advice from your doctor is you have any of the following: an infection affecting more than 3 nails total; infection starting from the cuticle; infection affecting more than half of one nail; history of hypersensitivity reactions to other imidazole antifungal agents.
- Possible side effects include: contact dermatitis or allergic skin reactions in the area surrounding the nail; skin infection around the nail; skin reactions such as irritation, reddening, inflammation, skin softening, peeling, blisters burning around nail; nail disorder or discolouration.
Bayer New Zealand Ltd.
If you are currently taking other medications, have other medical conditions, you may be pregnant, or you are breastfeeding, please contact us to talk to a pharmacist.
Canesten Fungal Nail Treatment Set x 1