- Complete Eye Care
- Coughs Colds & Flu
- General Health
- Pain Relief
- Quit Smoking Aids
If you'd like to be notified about new products or great deals, head to our newsletter page
Blis K12 Throat Guard Boost
Streptococcus Salivarius K12 Bacteria.
Isomalt, Tableting Aids, Vanilla Flavour, Skim Milk Powder.
Blis K12 Throat Guard lozenges are designed to provide natural bacterial support for a healthy throat. Blis K12 lozenges contain naturally occurring, beneficial bacteria called Streptococcus Salivarius K12. The bacteria has been shown to assist in maintaining throat health by supporting the throats natural defences against undesirable bacteria. Each pack of Blis K12 throat guard contains 12 lozenges with each lozenge containing no less than one hundred million viable cells of Streptococcus Salivarius K12.
Blis K12 Throat Guard is a similar product to Nature's Plus Adult's Ear, Nose & Throat Lozenges with K12 Probiotics which is available in the USA.
Streptococcus Salivarius K12 is the result of many years of scientific research, observation and testing by an internationally recognised research team, working in collaboration with a leading university to identify the most beneficial strain of naturally occurring bacteria that assists in maintaining a healthy throat.
Blis K12 should be used to guard the throat when:
- Following the use of antibiotics for a bacterial infection. Antibiotics are an appropriate and effective treatment for throat infections and many other diseases but as well as eliminating the harmful bacteria, they can also eliminate beneficial bacteria. By using Blis K12 Throat Guard within 24 hours of completing a prescribed course of antibiotics, you can help insure that beneficial rather than undesirable bacteria repopulate the mouth and throat.
- In conjunction with pharmacy medicines for sore throats that have anti-bacterial or anti-viral properties. Likewise these products can affect levels of beneficial bacteria as well as the harmful micro-organisms, and Blis K12 Throat Guard can help maintain that a good bacterial balance is maintained.
- In times of high incidence of winter ailments. This product can be used with additional dietary regimes such as Echinacea or vitamins to support your body’s natural defences during these times of higher risk.
- As a precautionary health measure, for when family, partners, school or work colleagues or others close by are experiencing ill heath.
- When travelling or in close contact with others in an enclosed environments.
- For those with a particular need to ensure throat health at all times, Blis K12 Throat Guard can be safely used on a monthly cycle throughout the year.
- Pregnant or lactating women can use this product.
For best results use as directed, and repeat monthly. If the course of Blis K12 lozenges is started within 24 hours of completing a course of antibiotics, the Chlorhexidine mouthwash is not required. If you have a persistent sore throat see your doctor.
Adults and children over 3 years
- Day 1 - First 10ml of Chlorhexidine mouthwash, swirl in the mouth for 30 seconds and then expel. Take the first Blis k12 lozenge 2 hours later and suck slowly in the mouth. Take a further 3 lozenges at 2 – 4 hour intervals.
- Day 2 and 3 - Repeat the dosage as per day 1 using the mouth wash and then taking 4 lozenges at 2 – 4 hour intervals.
Blis K12 Throat Guard lozenges are marketed by Blis Technology Limited, PO box 1229, Wellington, New Zealand.
If you are currently taking other medications, have other medical conditions, you may be pregnant, or you are breastfeeding, please contact us to talk to a pharmacist.
Currently there are no prices listed for this product. The product may be unavailable at this time, or discontinued. Please contact us to request more information.